August 15, 2020 by sue
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 30 mins
Extra time: 45 mins
6 apples, peeled, cored and diced
200g plain flour
1 clove or cinnamon stick ( If liked)
Demerara sugar about 1oz
1. Put the apple chunks into a bowl, cover and microwave on high for about 5 min. The apples should be soft but not puréed. Sweeten to taste. Put the apples into the serving dish and allow to cool.
2. Set the temperature of the oven to 150 C / gas 2.
3. Mix the flour, and the butter with your fingers in a bowl until it becomes like a breadcrumb consistency, mix in the sugar.
4. Cover the stewed apples with the crumble topping, without pressing down. Sprinkle demerara sugar lightly over the top.
5. Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until the crumble is golden brown and crunchy.
6. Serve with cream or ice cream.