August 15, 2020 by sue
175g plain flour
2 tbsp golden syrup
2tsp ginger (use less or omit if desired)
1/2tsp bicarbonate of soda
Currants to decorate
1. Pre-heat oven to 180° C or gas mark 4
2. Measure flour, sugar, ginger and bicarbonate of soda into mixing bowl.
3. Melt syrup and margarine.
4. Pour melted mixture into dry ingredients and mix to a stiff dough.
5. Roll out thinly on a floured surface.
6. Cut out gingerbread men shapes and decorate with currants(should make 12-14 biscuits)
7. Bake on a greased baking sheet for about 10 minutes.
8. Cool on a wire tray.