August 15, 2020 by sue
125g (4 oz) chopped onion
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 (400g) tin pinto beans, drained
1 (400g) tin cannellini beans, drained
1 (400g) tin baked beans,
1 (400g) tin red kidney beans, drained
1 (400g) tin chickpeas, drained
½ cup(full) (180g) ketchup
½ cup(not quite full) (175g) treacle
4 tablespoons soft brown sugar
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon French’s Classic Yellow Mustard
1. Preheat oven to 190 C / Gas mark 5.
2. Soften onion in a frying pan
3. Put all ingredients in bowl and mix well and transfer to casserole dish.
4. Traditionally this dish has chopped fried bacon or pancetta in it. this can be added with all the other ingredients if desired.
5. Cook for 1 hour in oven. Serve warm or at room temperature